Community Organizational Health (COHI) is a provincial not-for-profit
organization which builds capacity and promotes quality improvement in
the not-for-profit sector. COHI is responsible for implementation
of the Building Healthier Organizations (BHO) accreditation
program. COHI is currently seeking a dynamic Manager of
Organizational Support (full-time) to manage BHO accreditation reviews
and member education. The Manager of Organizational Support will
also be a team leader on accreditation reviews.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead teams of peer reviewers/volunteers on approximately three accreditation reviews per year.
- Provide information and support to member organizations and review teams preparing for accreditation reviews.
- Manage the non-technical aspects of creating a resource library
on the COHI website to share policies, procedures, tools, stories of
innovation and excellence to build capacity amongst members and other
- Implement other mechanisms for building the capacity of members in priority areas.
- Work with a technical consultant to manage the databases
including ensuring needed improvements to the databases, coordinating
training of members in use of the databases and responding to requests
- Provide member education/orientation workshops and assist in training peer reviewers.
The ideal candidate will possess
- A graduate degree from a recognized university in a relevant
discipline or combination of an undergraduate degree with significant
- Three to five years experience with progressive responsibility in health, social services or a related setting.
- The ability to communicate effectively with not-for-profit boards, management, staff, and volunteers.
- Exceptional communication (both written and verbal), interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with accreditation and/or evaluation programs.
- Good analysis and problem solving skills.
- Highly developed project management skills.
- The ability to work independently and reliably with a minimum of supervision.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications (e.g., Word, Access, MS Project, Excel).
- Bilingualism (French/English) a definite asset.
Salary range: $61,420 to $74,000 (under review) plus excellent benefit package
Please send letter of application detailing how your qualifications fit
the position and a resume by 5:00 p.m., Monday, October 23, 2006, by
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates who apply but only those interviewed will be contacted.