The Nutrition Resource Centre (NRC) is committed to increasing the capacity of Ontario's nutrition practitioners to implement nutrition programs and strategies in a health promotion context through co-ordinated provincial support for nutrition promotion programming, resource development and dissemination, and program-related technical support services.
The Program Co-ordinators are accountable for planning, implementing, co-ordinating and evaluating all aspects of assigned provincial programming portfolios supported by the NRC.
File NRC 1-10.04: 1 full-time new position. Available immediately, this position is funded for one year with the possibility of extension.
File NRC 2-10.04: 1 full-time maternity leave replacement from November 2004-December 2005
Closing date: 4:00 p.m. EST, October 22, 2004
Compensation: negotiable competitive salary, plus benefits
Location: 700 Lawrence Avenue West, Toronto, with occasional Province-wide travel
Relocation: expenses will not be paid
* a degree in nutrition or health science from a recognized university, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
* preferably post-graduate education in health promotion or a related discipline;
* eligibility for registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario preferred
* working knowledge of foods/nutrition and consumer behaviour theories and practices;
* successful experience applying needs-based health promotion techniques and tools;
* experience with Ontario's community and/or public health sector;
* broad knowledge and experience in program planning, implementation and evaluation;
* proven training and development, facilitation and community development abilities;
* strong teamwork, project management, co-ordinating and practical problem-solving skills;
* ability to work independently using initiative
* excellent all-round communication skills and capacity to manage relationships well with diverse groups of people on varied initiatives;
* proficiency with PC-based common office software;
* French-English bilingualism an asset;
* legal entitlement to work immediately in Canada.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume, including salary expectations and quoting file number(s) in order of preference to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail, marked "Confidential"
The Nutrition Resource Centre
Ontario Public Health Association
700 Lawrence Avenue West, Suite 310
Toronto, ON M6A 3B4
Thank you for your interest. Owing to volume, only candidates for interviews will be contacted.