Outreach and Programs Coordinator, Early Years
Full-time, 16.89 per hour (benefits), 35 hours per week
EYET Family Resources is a non-profit organization that provides service and support to children and families, prenatal to age 6. These include prenatal classes, parent-child drop-in programs, early learning/school readiness activities, family support and parenting workshops and information and referrals to other community services.
EYET is seeking a qualified and motivated Outreach and Programs Coordinator to assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of its Early Years Outreach and Specialized Programs strategies. This individual will work with the OEYC Coordinator to coordinate Early Years services in the two Toronto ridings.
* Develop, train, coordinate and supervise a team of cultural/linguistic staff;
* Assist in the linking parents with the OEYC through the formation of various Parent Advisory Committees (PACs);
* Assist in the development and implementation of an Early Years outreach strategy to promote and highlight Ontario Early Years Centre services within each riding;
* Provide support to OEYC program staff in community planning, data collection, promotions, etc.; and
* Administrative and office duties as required.
* Experience with and knowledge of community development and capacity-building with 2+ years experience working within a social services/family support or multi-service agency
* Knowledge of and experience with direct program services delivered within a holistic, multi-service model
* Knowledge of and experience with developing outreach strategies to multibarriered and isolated communities
* Experience in working with diverse population (cultures, communities and languages)
* Experience working with advisory committees, service boards and specialized programs
* Experience in program marketing and event promotion
* Experience in evaluation and data management
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Access (database management)
Please respond to this posting by July 20th, 2003, at 12:00 p.m. Resumes should quote file #OEYC 003:
Outreach & Special Programs
East York/East Toronto Family Resources
Attn: Shawna Scale, OEYC Coordinator
947 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 1J9
Fax: (416) 686-8282
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please. EYET is an equal-opportunity employer. Individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply.