Early Years Practitioner/Program Staff, Ontario Early Years Centre
EYET Family Resources is a non-profit organization that provides services and support to children and families, prenatal to age 6. These services include prenatal classes, parent-child drop-in programs, early learning/school readiness activities, family support, caregiver and parenting workshops, and information and referrals to other community services.
EYET is seeking a part-time OEYC staff member to assist with the planning, development and delivery of its Ontario Early Year Centre programs and services in the Beaches/East York riding. The staff will work with other Early Years Practitioners as part of an integrated team to plan and carry out direct service activities for parents, caregivers and children 0-6.
* Assist and deliver the day-to-day services held through the Ontario Early Years Centre including monthly snacks menu, creative daily activities, rhymes and songs, activities which promote gross motor, cognitive and sensory development;
* Work with parents of cross cultural backgrounds to promote healthy infant/child-parent interactions and provide information on early childhood and infant development;
* Provide one-on-one supports to parents/caregivers and children in form of referrals, linkages with other professionals, etc.;
* Deliver/participate daily in circle time (singing or reading circle), arts and crafts, etc.;
* Provide parent relief and emergency child care;
* Support and encourage parents/caregivers to take part in the program with the child/children in their care
* Model positive adult/child relationships;
* Outreach to attract new families to the Centre;
* Work with Coordinator to maintain administrative duties, including program planning, supply inventory and collection of statistics;
* Participate in joint programming with other Ontario Early Years and other East York/ East Toronto Family Resources staff
* Certificate and/or relevant experience with children and families (B.A./B.S.W., E.C.E., parent/caregiver, Canadian Mothercraft certificate)
* A good understanding of the theory and practice of family support programs
* Experience working within an agency that offers services to a diverse, multicultural community
* Experience working with families and children in a community setting
* Awareness of how to work and engage families and communities who have experienced marginalization, isolation, etc.
* A high level of verbal and written English; a second language is a strong asset
* A course in first-aid is an asset
* Computer knowledge and some experience with data collection
Interested Candidates should respond to this posting no later than July 9th, 2003 at 4:00 p.m.
Resumes should be addressed to
The BEY OEYC Hiring Committee
East York/East Toronto Family Resources
Attn: Shawna Scale, OEYC Coordinator
947 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 1J9
Fax: (416) 686-8282
Please Note: No telephone inquiries will be accepted.
East York/East Toronto Family Resources is committed to providing quality, inclusive and accessible programming. We encourage individuals from equity-seeking groups to apply for this position.