Part-time (0.8 FTE)
Carlington Community and Health Services (CCHS), a community health centre located in the west end of Ottawa, is seeking a Woman Abuse Counsellor to provide counselling services to francophone and anglophone women who have experienced abuse.
Education, Experience and Skills
* Master's degree in Social Work from a recognized university or acceptable equivalent
* Membership or eligibility for membership in the Ontario Association of Professional Social Workers
* Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in current assessment approaches, and feminist group and individual counselling techniques in working with abused women
* Familiarity with community development approaches to social work practice
* Experience counselling victims of assault
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of resources in the francophone and anglophone communities
* Familiarity with the francophone and anglophone service provider network
* Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community-based health care and social services
* Ability to work effectively as a team player in a multi-disciplinary environment
* Ability to deal effectively with crisis situations
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Proficiency working in a computerized environment
* Fluency in French and English required, a third language is an asset
Salary range: $25.73 - $28.37 / hour + benefits (pro-rated)
NOTE: Applicants WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED UNLESS they include ALONG WITH their resume a 1- to 3-page attachment (point form) that clearly demonstrates how their previous skills and experience correspond to each of the above-listed qualifications. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Send applications, by 4:00 p.m. Friday, February 8, 2002, to
"Woman Abuse Counsellor Position"
Carlington Community & Health Services
900 Merivale Rd.
Ottawa, ON K1Z 5Z8
Fax: (613) 761-1805
CCHS is committed to employment equity.