Closing Date: Thursday July 12, 2001 5:00 p.m.
Location: Toronto, Ontario (Dundas West & University Avenue)
Start Date: End of July/ Beginning of August
The Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse (OPC) is a health promotion and prevention agency providing information, education, consultation and networking services in French and English province-wide. OPC supports organizations in partnerships with communities to stimulate and foster health promotion. Please see our website http://www.opc.on.ca for more information.
The successful bilingual applicant will provide administrative support to the health promotion consultants and contribute to the administrative team at the Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse.
* Coordinate and support administrative activities within the team (e.g., reports, workplans, electronic newsletters);
* Coordinate various internal meetings and take minutes when requested;
* Coordinate and maintain the development of promotional material (e.g., websites);
* Update, maintain and monitor OPC databases;
* Interact with clients (respond to inquiries, some reception);
* Order resources and maintain subscriptions;
* Provide liaison with printers, translators and other vendors;
* Prepare cheque requisitions;
* Assist in the preparation of workshops and meetings;
* General administrative functions (photocopy, file, fax, travel arrangements, etc.)
* Excellent oral and written proficiency in French and English;
* Community college certificate or equivalent experience plus clerical/technical experience;
* Minimum 3 years experience in an administrative capacity, preferably in a non-profit, health promotion or social service environment;
* Excellent word processing, spreadsheet, database & computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel, Access);
* Strong data entry skills and experience in maintaining databases;
* Strong administrative and organizational skills, with a high degree of attention to detail and the ability to work with multiple projects and demands simultaneously;
* Excellent communication and creative problem-solving skills and the ability to work both independently and as an integral member of a team.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume (one in English & one in French) in confidence by July 13, 2001 at 5:00 p.m. to
180 Dundas Street West, #1900
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1Z8
Fax: (416) 408-2122
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. OPC is an equal opportunity employer. OPC strives to reflect the diversity of Ontario in our workplace. This includes individuals who face barriers because of race, sexual orientation, gender, ability, religion or socio-economic background.