SALARY: The entry level salary is a minimum of: US$ 27,683 per annum. Salary will be determined commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelors/Masters degree in Public Health, Community Health or Health Science with additional training and experience in Communications with emphasis on health communication plus three years related experience. Must possess excellent communication skills, experience in designing and implementing health communication campaigns, and have a sound knowledge of health communication, social determinants of health and public health concepts.
1) Guide the design and implementation of communication strategies for health programmes;
2) Coordinate the public relation activities for the department and serves as the liaison with Government Information Services and other media;
3) Oversea the design and production of education and communication materials for the Health Department;
4) Participate in conducting communication research e.g. pre-testing and media tracking and needs assessment.
5) Assist in the programme planning of health education and health promotion programmes;
6) Provide training guidance and assistance to other members of the health team on public presentations, public relations and other communication strategies;
7) Management of Health Promotion Resource Centre.
APPOINTMENT: The appointment which is subject to medical fitness will be on the permanent and pensionable, or on a contractual basis for a period of two years.
BENEFITS: In the case of an officer recruited from outside of the Territory, passages to the British Virgin Islands will be provide for himself, spouse and up to four dependant children under the age of nineteen years, provided they accompany him or join him in the Territory within the six  months of his appointment. Return passages will be provided on completion of contract. On satisfactory completion of contract terms, a gratuity is payable at the rate of 20% of salary. A monthly housing allowance of US$350 is also payable.
APPLICATIONS: Applications giving full details of age, qualifications, experience, marital status and availability, accompanied by two references should be sent to the secretary, Public Service Commission, Central Administrative Complex, Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands. The closing date for the receipt of applications is March 30, 2001.