SALARY: The entry level salary range is a minimum of: US$27,683 per annum. Salary will be determined commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Masters degree in Public Health or Health sciences with a concentration in Health Education, Behavioral Science or Health Promotion plus five years experience in Public Health with extensive experience in behavioral and social science research for health
programmes. The success applicant should be competent in both quantitative and qualitative analysis and study design; and should possess excellent communication skills. Equivalent qualification will be considered.
1) Design and conduct quantitative and qualitative research in Social and Behavioral Science for Health Education and Health Promotion components of health programmes;
2) Organize and complete evaluation of health programmes;
3) Guide and advise health and other professionals in designing and implementing health surveys and evaluation;
4) Guide and supervise Community Health Education, Promotion and Research activities;
5) Carry out the functions for the Unit Head, in his/her absence;
6) Conduct training for health and other community workers in research and evaluation methods;
7) Participate in the planning and evaluation of National Health Education and Health Promotion components of health programmes;
8) Provide technical support to community groups carrying out community research and evaluation activities.
APPOINTMENT: The appointment which is subject to medical fitness will be on the permanent and pensionable, or on a contractual basis for a period of two years.
BENEFITS: In the case of an officer recruited from outside of the Territory, passages to the British Virgin Islands will be provide for himself, spouse and up to four dependant children under the age of nineteen years, provided they accompany him or join him in the Territory
within the six  months of his appointment. Return passages will be provided on completion of contract. On satisfactory completion of contract terms, a gratuity is payable at the rate of 20% of salary. A monthly housing allowance of US$350 is also payable.
APPLICATIONS: Applications giving full details of age, qualifications, experience, marital status and availability, accompanied by two references should be sent to the secretary, Public Service Commission, Central Administrative Complex, Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin
Islands. The closing date for the receipt of applications is March 30, 2001.