Contract Position to December 31, 1998.
Salary Range: $49,369 - $59,842 per annum
Reporting to the Manager of Substance Abuse Prevention, the Tobacco Use Prevention Coordinator develops, implements, evaluates and co-ordinates the delivery of tobacco use prevention strategies.
. Develops, implements, evaluates and coordinates the delivery of tobacco use prevention programs and services with emphasis on population based approaches.
. Liaises and works with internal and external committees and task forces which are essential for the development, implementation and evaluation of effective tobacco use prevention strategies.
. Provides expert advice to health department staff, community professionals and the general public regarding health promotion related to tobacco use prevention, elimination of exposure to second hand smoke and smoking cessation strategies.
. Participates in the planning and delivery of continuing education of staff and community professionals and training of students.
. Prepares and presents reports, funding applications and journal articles as required.
1. Baccalaureate Degree in a health science.
2. Master's degree in health promotion or a related health science.
3. Valid Ontario Class "G" driver's licence and use of a properly insured vehicle.
4. Ability to work as part of a public health team.
5. Proven ability to apply health promotion theory to develop related programs.
6. Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral.
7. Experience in tobacco use prevention.
8. Strong analytical skills.
9. Basic computer skills in word processing.
10.Willing and able to work outside of normal working hours.
Contacts for Information:
Human Resources: Karen Gleason Phone No: 395-6956
Departmental Contact: Denise De Pape Phone No: 395-7675
Interested candidates should forward their resume/cover letter, quoting this File #98-NY-009 to Human Resources, City of Toronto, North York Civic Centre, 5100 Yonge Street, North York, Ontario, M2N 5V7 or by Fax to: (416) 395-6985 by the closing date of May 7, 1998.