Little Current, Ontario
Deadline April 13, 2018
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is accepting applications for the position of a full-time Program Support Clerk – Scheduling and Health Data. The candidate will be a key front-line contact to the public and to clients including scheduling and booking appointments for clients (Aging at Home Van, clinical), coordinating Ontario Telehealth network (OTN) appointments, scanning charting information, general bookings, and general
program support. We are seeking a candidate who is approachable, a self-starter, well-organized, professional, and able to meet deadlines for multiple requirements at any given time.
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre provides primary health, allied health, traditional healing, mental health and addictions, and health promotion services with First Nation and other area social service and health partners to community members within the Manitoulin Island District and Espanola area. Check out our web-site at www.noojmowin-teg.ca.
Given the traditional practices of the Anishinabek, from time to time exposure to wood smoke and the burning of sacred medicines, including tobacco, sweet grass, sage or cedar, may occur within the work setting.
Skills and Qualifications:
- College level certification and/or diploma relating to office administration, and/or relevant designation, preferably in health
- One year relevant experience working within an office environment, preferably health
- Previous experience working within an indigenous work environment, preferably health
- Excellent knowledge and aptitude for working in an electronic work environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, plan, organization and schedule
- Knowledge of the Anishinabek culture, traditions and protocols
- Ability to speak Anishinabemowin, an asset
- Current CPR C, First Aid Certification, and clear Criminal Record’s Check
- Excellent written, verbal and technology communication skills
- Valid Class G driver’s license and reliable vehicle
Submit a covering letter, resume, three (3) work related references, and a recent Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record’s Check. Please mark correspondence as “Confidential” to:
Pamela Williamson, Executive Director
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre
Hwy 540, 48 Hillside Road, Bag 2002
Audeck Omni Kaning First Nation
Little Current, Ontario P0P 1K0
Fax: (705) 368-2229
Email: [email protected]- teg.ca
Phone: (705) 368-2182 x204
Applications should be received by: Friday, April 13, 2018. Only the successful applicant will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.