Little Current, Ontario
Deadline April 23, 2018
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is seeking a full-time Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner (NP-PHC). The NP will provide primary health care to full scope, with a strong emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention. Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is an aboriginal community-based primary health care organization committed to outreach and a collaborative approach, focused on wholistic and comprehensive care through both traditional and western healing methods. The NP will work as an integral and collaborative member of an interdisciplinary team. The NP will report to the Primary Care Manager.
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is an Aboriginal Health Access Centre that provides traditional healing, primary health, mental health, and health promotion services to community members of the seven First Nations of Manitoulin District as well as First Nations clients living within the surrounding areas. Visit our web-site at www.noojmowin-teg.ca. Given the traditional practices of the Anishinabek, from time to time, exposure to wood smoke and the burning of sacred medicines, including tobacco, sweet grass, sage or cedar, may occur within the work setting.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner, Masters preferred
- Member in good standing and without restrictions, College of Nurses of Ontario
- Member in good standing of Nurse Practitioners Association of Ontario.
- Experience working as an NP in a primary health care or community setting an asset.
- Experience working within an EMR and an electronic office working environment
- Work experience with Anishinabek organizations or communities an asset
- Anishnabe or aboriginal ancestry, or the ability to speak Anishinabemowin, an asset
- Ability to travel to multiple sites on Manitoulin Island and the surrounding area is mandatory.
How to Apply
Please submit a covering letter, resume, three (3) work-related letters of reference. Please mark correspondence as “Confidential.” Email submissions are preferred. Employment offers will be contingent upon satisfactory reference checks, proof of college and insurance registration, criminal records/vulnerable sector check, and clear driver’s record.
Application Deadline: Monday, April 23, 2018
Human Resources, Noojmowin Teg Health Centre
48 Hillside Road, Aundeck Omni Kaning First Nation
Postal Bag 2002, Hwy. 540
Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
T: (705) 368-2182
F: (705) 368-2229