Deadline March 16, 2018
Full-Time Permanent (unionized)
Black Creek CHC is a community-based primary care organization that is committed to addressing the social determinants of health in a client-centered, equity driven manner. Nurse Practitioners work as key members of our inter-disciplinary team in providing comprehensive primary health care to registered clients of our Centre. We are seeking a motivated NP to join our team and participate in the delivery of programs and services to community members. If you are interested in addressing individual, group and community health issues while working in a supportive environment and maintaining a positive work-life balance, you will be interested in joining our team.
- Perform assessment, diagnosis, treatment, health education/counselling and other clinical activities according to the College of Nurses of Ontario standards of practice for Registered Nurses in the Extended Class (NPs).
- Make internal referrals to other BCCHC staff and programs as appropriate.
- Facilitate referral of clients to specialist, hospital or community resources as appropriate.
- Participate in case conferences with other providers to ensure coordination of services to the client.
- Ensure that standards of client care aremaintained according to accepted College of Nurses standards, the Regulated Health Professions Act, and the policies of BCCHC.
- Perform necessary back-up clinical functions for other nursing staff in their absence.
- Work collaboratively with health promotion team in the design and implementation of services and programs to address the social determinants of health.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse in the Extended Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Primary care nursing experience in a community, hospital or public health setting
- Experience in Sexual Health, Seniors Health or Palliative care is an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of infection control and preventative practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community- based health care.
- Experience working with marginalized populations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills that include computer literacy.
- Working at BCCHC's multiple locations as well as working evenings and/or Saturdays is a requirement
The deadline for applicants is Friday March 16, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Please send current resume and a detailed cover letter explaining your interest in the position to the attention of: Doris Forlemu-Kamwa, Director of Primary Health Care.
E-Mail: [email protected]
Black Creek Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from those who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve. We are committed to excellence and hire based on merit. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.