Deadline March 18, 2018
The Middlesex-London Health Unit has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Health Promoter on the Sexual Health team, within the Environmental Health and Infectious Diseases division. Under the direction of the Manager Sexual Health, the successful candidate will perform a variety of duties including:
- Applying the following health promotion strategies to change behaviour and promote assigned health topics: education/awareness, skill building, creating a supportive environment, advocacy, policy development and facilitating community mobilization;
- Applying population health principles and deliver programs while monitoring and analyzing social research and epidemiological data related to community needs and operational planning;
- Participating in program planning, implementation and evaluation at the team, division, agency and community level;
- Collaborating with public health staff and develop partnerships with community groups and government agencies.
- Bachelor's degree in a related health or social sciences field.
- Master's Degree in Health Promotion, Public Health, Health Sciences or related field is considered an asset.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), along with strong facilitation, project management and organizational skills.
- Strong collaboration and partnership development skills with community groups and government agencies.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret and apply data.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Valid Ontario driver's license and own transportation.
- Preference will be given to those with previous experience in health promotion, program planning, developing and promoting sexual health campaigns, working in sexual health and working with community organizations.
- The ability to communicate (oral and written) in any other language(s) is highly desirable.
To apply to this position, please submit a resume and cover letter electronically via our Career Opportunities page at http://www.healthunit.com by March 18, 2018 quoting posting # SHFTHP-0318
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512 or at [email protected].
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.