No deadline noted
We are seeking a Digital Content Writer, ideally with healthcare experience, for a 1-year opportunity.
Please note that this is an independent contractor opportunity of approximately 40 hours per week (i.e.not an employee contract). It is anticipated that the writer will work remotely and come into the Partnership's offices (Toronto) for key meetings.
One of the key Organizational Digital Strategy (ODS) projects for the Partnership is the consolidation of a number of websites, primarily Cancerview.ca and PartnershipAgainstCancer.ca, into one main organizational website presence. The first release of the consolidated website occurred in December 2017, with several subsequent releases occurring over the next two years, as content is migrated from other websites.
The Digital Content Writer will be primarily responsible for creating and executing the content development plan for how to migrate remaining content from Cancerview.ca to PartnershipAgainstCancer.ca. Additionally, the writer will support the content development work related to some of the new PartnershipAgainstCancer.ca website sections.
This role requires the successful candidate to have the ability to develop a strong understanding of the Partnership's business goals and end users' content needs in a short period of time.
- Over the course of the year, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Lead the creation and execution of a content development plan that is focused on how to consolidate the remaining Cancerview.ca web content into PartnershipAgainstCancer.ca
- Edit and review existing Cancerview.ca web content to fit new PartnershipAgainstCancer.ca website templates. This work includes:
- Actively working with program teams to identify linkages between digital content and determining how these can be realized digitally
- Create web content (e.g. high-level summaries, introductory content, instructional content and calls to action) for new PartnershipAgainstCancer.ca sections, including the Impact section of the site.
- Manage the vendor responsible for developing the patient and public engagement web content
- Provide input into how best to scale and maintain PartnershipAgainstCancer's information architecture
- Provide advice on how best to maintain the Partnership's existing digital content inventory and taxonomy structure
- Provide advice on how the organizational digital content guidelines can be strengthened
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least 5 to 7 years' experience working as a digital writer, preferably in the health or public sector settings
- Ability to apply strategic thinking in how to develop the best digital content for the end user
- Ability to write for the web and print in a clear, concise and straightforward format
- Ability to understand academic evidence, scientific literature and information and edit/adapt these into plain language
- Experience applying AODA standards digitally
- Experience of developing SEO friendly content
- Strong relationship management skills, including ability to interact and work effectively with colleagues, vendors and stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] indicating 'Digital Content Writer' in the subject line. All applicants are appreciated however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.