Deadline March 6, 2018
Full-Time (4 Month Contract with a possibility of extension)
Rexdale Community Health Centre is a multi-service Centre providing primary health care, settlement and community development activities for women, families, youth, adults, and seniors of diverse cultures. The Centre is committed to providing accessible and sustainable programs and services to diverse communities.
The Centre is currently seeking, a full-time (contract) Healthy Kids Community Challenge (HKCC) Events Coordinator, to join our team. The HKCC Events Coordinator will oversee the design and management of events including the HKCC Volunteer and Program Launch events, Skating Event final celebration as well as the HKCC Foodie Festival. The candidate will work report to the Manager of the HKCC Rexdale and will work closely with the HKCC Rexdale team, local community groups, institutions and organizations to deliver this exciting project.
- Secure, manage event logistics and implement events for up to 5000 attendees
- Create corporate sponsorship package and secure event sponsors
- Develop strategic business partnerships within in Rexdale and the food/healthy living industries
- Design volunteer engagement strategy and oversee over 100 event volunteers
- Oversee staff and students as required
- Develop event planning templates
- Implement an outreach plan to recruit vendors and community partners
- Re-establish and develop new formalized partnerships with at least 50 partners
- Design and oversee community animation plans
- Implement and facilitate an outreach and communications strategy
- Oversee budget and finances for all events
- Support any fundraising initiatives as required
- Perform administrative tasks necessary to support event
- Prepares written work plans and timelines
- Prepares written reports as required.
- Supervise purchase of service providers and contract staff
- Attend staff and/or team meetings as required
Qualifications and Assets:
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in related field
- At least two years of work experience in event planning and execution
- Experience managing events of at least 1500 participants
- Knowledge of the food, physical activity, healthy living and green living sectors are an asset
- Experience working with children and families is an asset
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal
- Big picture thinker who is driven and task-oriented
- Supervisory experience is mandatory
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under minimal supervision
- Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Proficient with computer software including MS Office, Social Media, Wordpress
- Must be able to provide a vulnerable sector criminal record check clearance
- Knowledge of the Rexdale community is an asset
- Ability to drive with access to a vehicle is an asset
Salary Range: $20 per hour (Statutory benefits and 4% vacation pay included)
Hours per week: 35
Starting date: ASAP
Status: Non-unionized position
Application Due Date: March 6, 2018
Please apply in confidence to:
Human Resources Generalist
Via email: [email protected]
Please quote "HKCC Event Coordinator" in the subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Rexdale CHC strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes please contact Human Resources at [email protected] for assistance.
Please note this is a unionized environment-UFCW Locals 175 and 633.