Deadline March 7, 2018
Community Food Centres Canada (CFCC, https://cfccanada.ca) is a national non-profit that builds and supports vibrant, food-focused organizations in low-income communities that bring people together to grow, cook, share, and advocate for good food for all. We believe food is a powerful community-building tool that can bring people together around shared goals, build skills and physical and mental health, and create the opportunity for greater equity and social change.
We are looking for a highly-motivated and effective person to join our tightly-knit, collaborative program team. Program managers are in part mentor, coach, resource person, and project manager. This person will be responsible for liaising with partner Community Food Centre Projects, and will act as a lynchpin for the flow of information and resources between the sites and CFCC. The successful candidate will be hardworking, diplomatic, organized, analytical and strategic, and will have a solid background in food issues and program development.
Community Food Centres Canada hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within our organization. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons of all abilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and persons of all gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
- Work to develop, implement and oversee systems and procedures to manage partner relationships (including selection, application, agreement, program and financial reporting, collaboration and review process)
- Develop effective relationships with CFC sites, community partners, potential applicants and declined applicants, and active grantees
- Contribute to the development of resources and support learning and networking for partner sites
- Manage of a portfolio of grants, including developing partnership agreements and grant letters, monitoring and supporting active grants to facilitate problem solving and compliance with grant requirements
- Track, analyze and respond to inquiries and requests for information from potential partner sites and community organizations
- Contribute to broader team work on administration, communications, evaluation, fundraising and budgets
- Travel to partner sites will be required
- 5+ years of project management experience in community-based / non-profit organizations
- University degree in a related area, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience with program planning and evaluation
- Coaching, negotiation, and/or motivational interviewing skills
- Strong conceptual, analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills to represent CFCC in the community, work in a team of peers and liaise with partners
- Experience with budgeting and financial systems/procedures
- Knowledge of community-based food programs and understanding of hunger/poverty/food system issues and Indigenous and Northern food issues
Position details: Full-time; 37.5 hours per week Salary: $55,000-$65,000, depending on experience Start date: TBD
Please submit a covering letter and resume in a single document to [email protected] with "Program Manager" in the subject line. Posting closes Wednesday March 7, 2018 at 5 p.m.
Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in CFCC.