Deadline February 22, 2018
The Education & Knowledge Exchange Specialist is a key member of the Princess Margaret Cancer Education program. The Cancer Education program has a mandate to improve care through interventions that support trainee, provider and patient and family knowledge and skills in cancer care. The Education & Knowledge Exchange Specialist facilitates change through leading strategic, quality, goal-based knowledge translation projects from inception to implementation with continued accountability to project success and impact on cancer care.
Working under the direction of the Senior Manager, Educational Design & Knowledge Translation, the Specialist requires past experience in conducting gap analysis/ needs assessments, analysing data points and writing reports of findings and recommendations, developing communication and education resources to support change and conducting evaluations to continuously assess and be accountable for impact. The Education & Knowledge Exchange Specialist will develop and deliver blended programming including instructor-led training, eLearning and other print and digital formats in collaboration with department members and subject matter experts.
- Masters degree in Education or Communications field or recognized equivalent required
- Minimum two (3) years appropriate professional experience
- Instructional Design diploma/ certificate diploma or equivalent) preferred
- Knowledge Translation diploma/ certificate diploma or equivalent) preferred
- Ability to facilitate, influence and lead others
- Must be able to reduce stress in others and keep them focused and motivated
- Demonstrated ability in the use of design and eLearning/ web software
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with others in a consultative/collaborative manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required (content analysis and writing are a significant component of this role's responsibilities)
- Demonstrated excellence in customer relations and support service
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload for self
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Knowledge of healthcare environment an asset
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
Posted Date: February 8, 2018
Closing Date: February 22, 2018