Deadline February 21, 2018
The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) has an opportunity for a full-time Librarian, to join the Program Planning and Evaluation team at the 50 King Street, London office.
- Recommend and acquire library resources (e.g. e-book packages, e-journals, commercial online bibliographic databases) and manage inter-library loans;
- Design, develop and maintain library databases, as needed;
- Work to deliver the Library's reference/research functions;
- Evaluate and analyze organizational information needs and prepare innovative recommendations to improve access;
- Develop and maintain organizational content management strategies and records management program;
- Perform daily updating and content creation for the Intranet and internal databases;
- Prepare training or educational materials for library patrons;
- Remain current in library and information science trends and knowledge of government documents and initiatives;
- Participate in knowledge exchange and research by attending conferences, workshops or speaking engagements and collaborating with other library partners; and,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Masters' degree in Library and Information Services.
- Two years' experience providing support to professionals within a health, education, human service organization, or research-focused environment.
- Ability to develop clear, concise and accurate technical documentation.
- Ability to handle complex research and reference questions.
- Advanced understanding of Evidence Based Practice (EBP).
- Advanced written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a team setting while managing competing priorities.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, organization, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks with a high level of tolerance for complexity and ambiguity.
- Other Qualifications:
- Communication proficiency (written and verbal) in French and/or any other languages is highly desirable.
To apply to this position, please submit a resume and cover letter electronically via our Career Opportunities page at http://www.healthunit.com by February 21, 2018 quoting posting # CSFTLIB-0218.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.