North Bay, Ontario
Deadline February 12, 2018
Job Posting #2018/006
Position: Digital Media Coordinator - OPSEU - Communication Services
Hours of Work: Temporary - Full-Time - 35 Hours per Week (1.00 FTE)
Effective: As Soon As Possible to December 31, 2018 (Subject to Change)
Location: Main Office - North Bay
Additional Info: New Position
Under the direction of the Manager, Planning, Evaluation and Communication Services, the Digital Media Coordinator works as a member of the Communications Team and is responsible for promoting the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit, its programs and services, and calls to action through the website, social media, and other digital mediums. The Digital Media Coordinator's key responsibilities include: Creating digital media communication plans, Developing, editing, and reviewing website and social media content; Monitoring and responding to online engagement and trends; Monitoring website and social media performance; Supporting the Public Relations Specialist in executing communications-related strategic priorities and corporate activities (including emergency or outbreak response); Participating as an active member of the Health Unit's Website & Social Media Steering Committees.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree or College diploma in digital marketing, communications, public relations, or other related field
- Minimum two years of work experience in a related digital communications or marketing role
- Experience writing digital content: websites, digital banners, social media, and other digital content
- Experience with SEO and website development and management, including content management systems and basic html
- Experience working within applicable accessibility standards, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) international standards and conducting accessibility audits.
- Experience in but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and other emerging channels with a strong knowledge of how to maximize each platform for different purposes and campaigns
- Experience with social media and analytics software (Google Analytics, Hootsuite)
- Experience writing, proofing and editing
- Experience with videography and video editing
- Strong professional written and verbal communication skills
- Shows discretion and appropriately handles confidential information
- Committed to providing exceptional customer service
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects at once and to adapt to changing priorities
- Capable of thinking strategically, creatively and take initiative
- Self-motived and able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction
- Proficient with use computer technology including in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Applications, Internet, and applicable database applications
- Works well independently and in a team environment
- Ability to foster a positive work environment
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and quality improvement
- Ability to work flex hours as required
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Reference Check: recent, within four (4) months at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit's immunization policies. Applicants requiring accessibility accommodation for the interview are asked to make such requests when contacted for an interview.
Hourly Rate: Minimum $28.88 to Maximum $32.49 (under review) (plus 4% vacation pay and 4% public holiday pay)
Closing Date: Monday, February 12, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward your resume, cover letter and proof of education required for this position to the attention of:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant Attention: Job Posting #2018/006
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit, 681 Commercial Street, North Bay, ON P1B 4E7 or Email: [email protected]
Please Note: If you did not receive a confirmation email that your resume/application has been received, please contact Wendy Moore at (705) 474-1400 ext. 2562 for confirmation.
Once posting is closed, please refer to website for status of job posting.
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.