Deadline May 1, 2018
Do you know of a school that is a Mental Health Community Champion?
Our Community Champion Award celebrates a Halton school that has shown an outstanding commitment to engage, support and collaborate with families whose children/youth are impacted by mental illness. The Community Champion award recognizes the commitment of schools in creating an environment of well being, understanding that creates a positive environment and outcome for a children/youth.
Nominations are sought for schools that have:
- Shown outstanding commitment to engaging, supporting and working with families to ensure the success of the children/youth
- Shown to be of tremendous benefit in the lives of the children/youth and the families by inspiring, motivating, encouraging and positively impacting mental health for the children/youth
- Shown to utilize tools, strategies or programs while working collaboratively with students and families
Nominations will be accepted from students or families only.
Four awards will be given out one in each category
- 1 Elementary and 1 Secondary School (individual/group) in the HDSB
- 1 Elementary and 1 Secondary School (individual/group) in the HCDSB
Submit your nomination online at http://www.haltonfamiliesforfamilies.com/community-champion-award/.
Nomination deadline is May 1, 2018.
Winners will be announced by May 30th, 2018. Awards will be presented in June 2018.
Based on current school year (Sept. 2017–May 2018) Halton District Schools only.
For more information call 905 875 3575 Ext. 2232.