Deadline February 9, 2018
Effective February 26, 2018
Regular, Full-Time (1.0 Full Time Equivalents (FTE))
1. Summary of duties:
Reporting to the Director, Public Health Programs and as a member of a multi-disciplinary management team, the Manager is responsible for the effective leadership, management and supervision of their assigned staff and related service delivery in accordance with Peterborough Public Health’s mission, vision, values, strategic priorities, policies and procedures of the Board of Health. The Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating the delivery of all assigned programs. As a member of the management team, the Manager contributes to excellence in the leadership of the organization and collaborates with other members of management in the planning and decision processes aimed at enhancing the delivery of public health services. The Manager ensures the programs operate in accordance with all legislated requirements, governing policies and procedures, and collective agreements.
2. Minimum qualifications and position requirements:
Graduate degree (or in progress of attaining), in a health, human service, management or discipline directly applicable to the practice of public health; in combination with a four year bachelor’s degree in health service, or related discipline.
A minimum of five years’ experience in programming or service delivery in a relevant functional area, preferably in public health/community health setting. Demonstrated experience and transferable skills that reflect the mission and values of Peterborough Public Health.
A minimum of five years progressive supervisory and people management responsibilities.
Demonstrated competence in and knowledge of:
- Standards of Public Health Programs and Services (SPHPS);
- health promotion theory and strategies;
- mobilizing and working with community networks and build community capacity on issues affecting the health of residents;
- the use of public health ethics;
- application of culturally relevant and appropriate approaches; and
- effective strategies to achieve more equitable health outcomes.
Demonstrated effective skills in:
- Leadership, program management, supervisory and team-building skills that reflect the organization’s values.
- Interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Leading and encouraging innovation.
- Critical thinking related to financial management and reporting.
- Identifying and fostering collaborative working relationships with community partners.
- The ability and flexibility to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
- The ability to effectively adapt to new and changing requirements.
- The ability to prioritize and organize workload within a dynamic work environment.
- Application of effective public health practices.
- Interpretation and application of regional/local/provincial standards and relevant legislation, research, or other relevant information.
- Application of relevant software programs (including, but not limited to, spreadsheets, databases, electronic medical records, Microsoft Office programs and internet).
- Ability to respond 24/7 for public health emergencies.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Reference Check including Vulnerable Sector Check and will be required to comply with Peterborough Public Health’s immunization policies.
3. Apply in writing to:
Email: [email protected]
Peterborough Public Health is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process at the request of the applicant.
In applying for this job make sure your resume and or cover letter address the qualifications noted above.
Please note that only applicants to be given further consideration will be contacted for an interview.
4. Applications to be received no later than:
Friday, February 9, 2018, at 12:00 p.m.