No deadline noted
Who We Are:
Founded in 1995, the National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities (NAPRA) is a not-for-profit association of provincial and territorial pharmacy regulatory bodies. Our members regulate the practice of pharmacy professionals and operation of pharmacies in their respective jurisdictions across Canada.
We provide a platform for our members to debate ideas relevant to the field and to take a national approach in addressing common issues in the regulation and safe practice of pharmacy. We offer a number of key programs and services to meet the specific needs of our members and to support their important objectives.
We share with our members a mandate to protect the health of the public through pharmacy regulatory excellence.
We are looking for a Standards Development Specialist to support our management team in the creation and implementation of competency profiles, standards and guidelines packages.
The incumbent will have the opportunity to create competency profiles, standards and guidelines for the pharmacy industry in support of our member associations. The job holder will do so through active consultations with industry Subject Matter Experts (SME), and by leading the document development process. The successful candidate will be able to apply project management principles to steer the review of existing competency profiles, standards and guidelines and the creation of new products.
As our ideal candidate, you are someone who is able to work constructively on multiple projects concurrently. You’re experienced in project management and the creation of competency profiles, standards and guidelines. You’re proficient in written and verbal English and can create technical detailed documents. You’re always looking to take on new challenges, and engage with your colleagues in an open and constructive way.
- Maintain a renewal schedule for NAPRA’s competency, standard, guideline and policy documents
- Work directly with member associations to provide guidance and direction in their competencies, standards and guidelines development.
- Manage a project from start to finish for the development or renewal of NAPRA competency, standard, guideline and policy documents. This includes coordinating key stakeholders, developing a project schedule and ensuring all deliverables are met.
- Support the recruitment of SMEs committee members from relevant associations and industries in coordination with management.
- Formulate, coordinate, facilitate and support committees of subject matter experts to direct document development. This includes providing logistical and administrative support to committee meetings.
- Facilitate or undertake consultation with external stakeholders, as appropriate, to support the document development process.
- Draft or revise competency profiles, standards, guidelines and policy documents based on feedback from NAPRA members, subject matter expert committees and other stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Regularly review standards to ensure they meet current standards development best practices.
- Remain up to date with relevant best practices in the development of professional competency profiles, standards, and guidelines.
- Certification and training in the area of professional competency profiles, standards and guidelines development. Must have a diploma or degree in a related field to professional standards or project management.
- At least five years’ experience with the development of professional competency profiles and standards. Experience in the field of health care is an asset.
- Strong project management abilities with experience managing multiple projects. Certification in project management is an asset.
- Experience in knowledge translation is an asset.
- Able to effectively build collaborative relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong facilitation skills with the ability to build consensus from multiple perspectives.
- Able to assess complex situations effectively and utilize judgement to resolve appropriately.
- Able to take initiative regularly and successfully.
- Knowledge and familiarity with best practices in competency profile, standards and guidelines development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience writing within a business, project management or health care context.
- Written and verbal proficiency in French is an asset.
- Able to work productively, independently, and collaboratively as part of a small but dynamic team.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NAPRA respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities, and provides accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.