January 31, 2018
10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Youth substance use and addiction is a priority within Ontario. The webinar will focus on the substance use findings from the 2017 Ontario Student Drug Use and Health Survey (OSDUHS). Although rates of substance use have declined among youth, key issues such as alcohol, cannabis and tobacco use continue to be a concern. Many sectors, including health, justice, and education, have a role to play in addressing these issues. The findings of the OSDUHS can help educators, public health professionals, policy-makers, and other youth-serving professionals understand drug use trends as a way to inform related activities and services.
This webinar will:
- Introduce the 2017 OSDUHS drug use results;
- Discuss key trends of drug use among Ontario students;
- Hear from panel OSDUHS researchers and from a CAMH clinical expert.
The webinar panel:
- Dr. Robert Mann, Institute for Mental Health Policy Research, CAMH
- Dr. Hayley Hamilton, Institute for Mental Health Policy Research, CAMH
- Angela Boak, Institute for Mental Health Policy Research, CAMH
- Joanna Seel, Youth Concurrent Disorders Services, CAMH
Register here: https://OSDUHS2017.eventbrite.com.