Deadline January 8, 2018
Full-time Temporary (Non-Union)
The Sudbury & District Health Unit has an exciting opportunity in its Sudbury office for a Communications Officer. Working with a dynamic team, this position requires strong writing skills, experience across all platforms of media (especially social media), dedication to customer service, and a solution-focused mindset and approach to managing crises and sensitive issues.
Reporting to the Manager of Communications, the Communications Officer is an integral member of a multidisciplinary team.
Support the Manager, Communications, by carrying out communications, media relations, marketing and social marketing, and social media activities.
- Develop and execute concurrent strategic communications plans.
- Support the implementation of the Health Unit’s comprehensive social media strategy and coordinate the development of content for the Health Unit’s social media channels across public health topic areas.
- Experience in communications, public relations, journalism, or communications in a public health setting.
- Undergraduate degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong customer service skills with a proven ability to interact with consumers or clients on social media in relation to inquiries, criticisms or complaints, and campaigns.
- Knowledge and experience with all forms of media, social media, as well as internal and external communications tactics.
- Ability to process information, write, and edit under tight deadlines.
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong strategic, research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to handle sensitive issues diplomatically and confidentially.
- Ability to work with and lead creative, health-focused communications plans.
- Advanced verbal and written skills in English (French is an asset).
Resumés will be accepted until January 8, 2018, 4:30 p.m., and should be sent in confidence to:
Laurie Gagnon, Administrative Assistant, Corporate Services Division
Sudbury & District Health Unit
1300 Paris Street, Sudbury, ON P3E 3A3
Email: [email protected] (Microsoft Word format only)
Tel: 705.522.9200, ext. 410 Fax: 705.522.5182
Please include the title of the position in the subject line.