Deadline January 17, 2018
Make your impact in Public Health as the full-time Director, Healthy Living at Middlesex-London Health Unit, one of Canada’s leading independent health units. This position is responsible for promoting and protecting health and preventing disease and injury by providing strategic leadership for public health programs with a strong focus on healthy behaviours and healthy communities. The Director participates as a member of the Senior Leadership Team in the formulation and implementation of policy and strategic priorities for the Health Unit, and represents the Health Unit with peers and community groups, agencies, institutions, and professional bodies.
In addition to contributing to organizational decision-making regarding the management of resources and operations, the successful candidate will also:
- have extensive knowledge of population health promotion, community health and experience in providing public health programs and services in this area;
- work with a multidisciplinary team to ensure excellent programs and services are delivered to the community in the area of Chronic Disease Prevention and Well Being, Substance Use and Injury Prevention, School Health including Oral Health and the Southwest Tobacco Control Area Network;
- represent the Health Unit on community and provincial task forces, coalitions and planning committees; and
- advise, coach, and mentor managers on project management, human resource strategies, clinical/case management issues and counsel accordingly on difficult cases or situations.
- Masters Degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Health Sciences, Nursing, or related area of study.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of theories and principles of public health, population health, epidemiology, community health planning, health promotion and illness prevention and the implications for healthy behaviours and healthy communities.
- Progressive management and leadership experience in a range of services within public health or related fields, including building strong internal and external stakeholder relationships, business planning, public health policy and program development, and human resource development in a unionized environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in senior management competencies including strategic thinking, leadership, staff development, risk management and fiscal accountability.
- Excellent skills in the areas of verbal and written communication, facilitation, conflict resolution and problem solving at all organizational levels.
- Ability to execute strategy with a clear focus on achievement of program outcomes and performance.
- Effective decision-making with demonstrated innovation and results orientated leadership.
- Eligibility for academic appointments at post-secondary institutions.
- Ability to communicate in French or other languages would be considered an asset.
Please see http://www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services and to apply to this position by January 17, 2018, quoting posting #DIRHL-1217.
Human Resources, Middlesex-London Health Unit
50 King Street, London ON N6A 5L7 E-mail: [email protected]
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512 or at [email protected].
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.