Deadline December 29, 2017
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an independent organization funded by the federal government to accelerate action on cancer control for all Canadians. The Partnership works with cancer experts, charitable organizations, governments, cancer agencies, national health organizations, patients, survivors and others to implement Canada’s cancer control strategy. The Partnership's vision is to be a driving force to achieve a focused approach that will help prevent cancer, enhance the quality of life of those affected by cancer, lessen the likelihood of dying from cancer, and increase the efficiency of cancer control in Canada.
A dual reporting line to the Executive Director, Strategy (Lead) and Director, Communications & Outreach, this position is accountable for providing administrative, logistical and operational support to the Directors and their teams including issues management, daily communications support, calendar management, travel and meeting coordination and expense reporting.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- College/University level degree, with related training in administration
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in administrative and/or project management roles
- Previous experience working closely with senior executives, government officials or board members, and their assistants
- Experience acting as a point of contact and managing issues, as required, on behalf of senior executive
- Experience managing multiple calendars on a daily basis
- Experience executing administrative/office procedures and practices to provide daily administrative assistance to the assigned Director/ Department, and to initiate new, effective practices and procedures
- Experience coordinating events with both internal and external stakeholders including arranging travel for attendees
- Demonstrated ability to understand and assess priorities of all requests (meetings, appointments and issues) being made to effectively manage Director’s time appropriately
- Strong internal and external relationship management skills, ability to interact and work professionally and effectively with staff at all levels and key stakeholders
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Proven ability to plan effectively, meet deadlines and seek out or develop innovative solutions to support planning and execution of work
- Superior administrative skills and knowledge of administrative protocols, office procedures and practices to provide daily professional administrative assistance to assigned teams
- Service oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to answer queries and prepare correspondence and reports required; in both official languages, an asset
Closing Date: December 29, 2017
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]. The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer thanks all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call 416-915-9222 or email us at [email protected].