No deadline noted
Position: Senior Specialist, Promote Recovery and Patient Engagement
Reports to: Senior Manager, Health Partnerships and Promote Recovery
Department: ON Mission - Research, Advocacy & Health Promotion
Location: Toronto office
Status: Full Time; Contract (maternity leave)
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.TM Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.TM
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
Support one of Canada’s leading health charities with the development and implementation of our promote recovery and patient and caregiver engagement initiatives in support of the Foundation’s mission impact goals to prevent disease, save lives and promote recovery.
We are looking for a collaborative, flexible and dedicated professional for the role of Senior Specialist, Promote Recovery and Patient Engagement. Working cross-functionally with our provincial and national teams, the incumbent will also work in collaboration with external partners, advisory groups, volunteers, survivors and care partners to successfully deliver promote recovery and patient engagement initiatives in Ontario.
As a subject matter expert on community engagement, this incumbent will also be responsible to lead initiatives, including an annual plan for Chinese communities’ needs and priorities.
Develop and implement Promote Recovery Initiatives in Ontario
- Manage the Living with Stroke Program (LWS) and the Ontario Living with Stroke grant program in Ontario including: facilitator training and stewardship, dissemination of key resources, identifying and recruiting new program hosts, website and resource updates, and grant payments.
- Steward external partnerships with clinicians, survivor support groups and other provincial recovery and support organizations to leverage provincial promote recovery strategies
- Administer process reviews/improvements and ensure the inclusion of a wide range of stakeholders
Stakeholder and Advocate Management
- Steward relationships with like-minded and/or influential organizations, coalitions and groups to inform and support program delivery and advocacy campaigns.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders within the community and broader promote recovery environment
- Represent the Foundation to external stakeholders and advocate at key meetings and conferences
Support survivor and caregiver recruitment strategies for key partnership activities, external committees and advisory councils
- Ensure diverse internal and external partners are kept on task and are well coordinated towards common purpose
Strategic Development of Ontario Chinese Communities health plan
- Manage execution and evaluation of Chinese community focused initiatives related to HSF priorities in survivor support.
- Steward relationships with partners and volunteers to advance the Foundation’s goals in Chinese communities.
- Act as primary contact for health information and communication strategy in Chinese languages to internal stakeholders.
- National promote recovery colleagues
- Marketing and Communications
- Corporate Partnerships
- Major Gifts Team
- Ontario Community Engagement team
- Community service organizations, networks and Media
- Government offices and elected government officials
- Regional stroke programs, rehab programs, primary care and public health
- Survivor and caregiver support groups, volunteers and patient advocates
- Clinical, medical and health care professionals and advisory committees
- Related post-secondary education (i.e., public health, health promotion, social work, public policy, adult education, community development)
Experience and Skills
- 4+ years of health, patient engagement, recreation, community development, public policy and advocacy, and/or government relations
- Experience and competency working with Chinese Communities in Ontario
- Extensive facilitation experience with multiple stakeholders and interest groups
- Proven knowledge or experience recruiting and working with volunteers
- Proven knowledge or experience with advocacy and/or policy development preferred
- Practical application of patient and caregiver engagement techniques
- Proven ability to persuade and lead
- Proven ability to manage workload with little structure
- Contributes to a strong teamwork environment through demonstration of mutual respect, problem solving, conflict resolution and goal orientation
- Travel within the GTA is required and access to a vehicle is necessary.
- Fluency in Mandarin and/or Cantonese is an asset
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to [email protected].
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at http://www.heartandstroke.ca.
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.