London and Strathroy, Ontario
Deadline December 19, 2017
The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) currently operates a Family Planning and Sexually Transmitted Infections Clinic located at 50 King Street, London, Ontario and a Sexual Health Clinic at 51 Front Street - Kenwick Mall, Strathroy, Ontario. Our goal is to support people in London and Middlesex County to achieve and maintain optimal sexual health and reduce the prevalence of sexually transmitted diseases and unintended pregnancies. We provide evidence-based, client-centred, non-judgmental, confidential, accessible and affordable clinical services.
We are currently seeking a physician to serve primarily female clients at the Sexual Health Clinic with availability to work on Tuesday mornings (9 am – 12 pm) and evenings from (4 – 8 pm) and coverage for the Strathroy Clinic as needed on Thursdays.
- Assessing, diagnosing and treating sexually transmitted infections according to best practice guidelines and clinic policies and procedures;
- Facilitating the achievement and maintenance of sexual health for the people in our community;
- Pregnancy testing, counselling and referral for abortions or prenatal care;
- Assessment and prescription of birth control methods;
- Supervising medical students and residents as needed and contributing to their learning in the areas of sexual and reproductive health; and,
- Complying with and supporting organizational policies and procedures.
- Current registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.
- Certification from the College of Family Physicians (CCFP), and/or Fellow of Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCPC).
- Appropriate coverage under the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) or comparable medical legal coverage.
- Knowledgeable in sexual health, including the best practices in diagnosis and management of sexually transmitted infections, and birth control methods.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to provide culturally sensitive, non-judgemental service and skills in working with diverse and high-risk populations.
- Venipuncture experience or willingness to learn.
- Experience or interest in learning IUD insertions is preferred.
- Teaching experience or student mentorship is desirable.
- The ability to communicate in French or other languages would be considered an asset.
To apply to this position, please submit a resume and cover letter electronically via our Career Opportunities page at http://www.healthunit.com by December 19, 2017 quoting posting # SHPHYOPP-1217.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512 or at [email protected].
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.