Deadline December 3, 2017
2 Part-time, School Year positions
The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) has an exciting opportunity for two part-time, school year Program Administrative Assistants to work on the Vaccine Preventable Disease team in the Environmental Health and Infectious Diseases division at 50 King Street, London. Under the direction of the Manager, Vaccine Preventable Disease (VPD), the incumbents will:
- Maintain a provincial immunization database for school aged immunizations and complete data entry from multiple sources;
- Utilize the database to prepare for school clinics;
- Provide clerical support at clinics;
- Provide administrative support and back up coverage for other roles within the VPD team, including but not limited to, the Immunization Clinic, and Triage phone line, as well as coverage for health unit reception and other areas as required;
- Assist the public with requests for vaccine information and vaccines, referring to a PHN as appropriate;
- Run routine reports, prepare statistical reports, file documents and perform other record keeping;
- Provide administrative support for the VPD Team, as well as the EHID Division, as requested;
- Schedule appointments, and handle mail and faxes;
- Participate in EHID division and VPD team meetings;
- Participate in Health Unit committees representing the VPD team and EHID division; and,
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Secondary school graduate with an additional year of secretarial and/or administrative studies.
- Demonstrated ability to enter data into databases with a high level of accuracy and speed.
- Proficient in computer applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to provide excellent customer service and work effectively with team members.
- Ability to balance changing priorities and competing work demands.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Experience in supporting client needs related to immunizations is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Panorama computer application is considered a strong asset.
- Communication proficiency (written and verbal) in French and/or any other languages is highly desirable.
Please see http://www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services.
To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page by December 3, 2017 quoting posting #: VPDSYPA3-1117-02.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please indicate in your cover letter and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.