Deadline November 19, 2017
Make your impact and contribution in Public Health at the Middlesex-London Health Unit as a Manager in the Corporate Services division. The successful candidate will work closely with the Director, Corporate Services and the management team to lead organizational initiatives with a focus on strategic and operational planning, organizational standards and accountability agreements.
The incumbent will leverage their experience and skills to:
- Plan and implement assigned projects;
- Review literature, survey and prepare background documentation;
- Act as an important resource for project management methodology and best practices;
- Produce reports, formulate recommendations to the Medical Officer of Health & Chief Executive Officer and Director, Corporate Services, and present recommendations to the Board of Health;
- Serve as Chair for Health Unit Committees and facilitate internal working groups; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Public or Business Administration.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and strategic planning, including Balanced Scorecard, budgeting, engagement and relationship building with partners and stakeholders.
- Communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills commensurate with the expectations of a management position.
- Strong understanding of public health and the Ontario Public Health Organizational Standards.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple high priority and/or complex initiatives simultaneously.
- Preference will be given to candidates with education or accreditation in project management or a related discipline that focuses on critical thinking, systematic approaches or frameworks.
- Advanced computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Office and Project Management software. The ability to communicate in French or other languages would be considered an asset.
The Health Unit offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package. Please see http://www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services.
To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page at http://www.healthunit.com by November 19, 2017 quoting posting # MGRCS-1117.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.