Deadline November 20, 2018
12-15 Month Parental Leave starting in January 2018
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an independent organization funded by the federal government to accelerate action on cancer control for all Canadians. The Partnership works with cancer experts, charitable organizations, governments, cancer agencies, national health organizations, patients, survivors and others to implement Canada’s cancer control strategy. The Partnership's vision is to be a driving force to achieve a focused approach that will help prevent cancer, enhance the quality of life of those affected by cancer, lessen the likelihood of dying from cancer, and increase the efficiency of cancer control in Canada.
Reporting to the Director, System Performance and Surveillance, or his designate, and working closely with the System Performance and Analytics teams, as well as other teams at the Partnership, the Specialist is responsible for providing content and methodological expertise related to performance measurement of the cancer control system, researching and writing material for reports and other knowledge products and leading the development of key pieces of System Performance work.
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree in Health Sciences or related field, Masters preferred
- Minimum five years experience researching, analyzing and interpreting health care system content (data, policy, evidence, etc.), including writing technical reports and/or scientific papers
- Strong work experience in the Canadian health care sector, with focus on research, writing, and analysis; experience in the cancer control and/or public health sector a strong asset
- Experience in health system performance measurement, including development and application of indicators
- Experience in health research study development and survey design
- Experience in information dissemination and knowledge mobilization
- Experience writing communications materials for the general public, government and/or specific target audiences
- Excellent research skills, including solid experience in conducting systematic literature reviews and environmental scans
- Demonstrated ability in performance measurement and improvement, using various types of data
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; in both official languages an asset
- Demonstrated scientific journal and report writing experience
- Ability to understand scientific documents/information, analyze, translate research and practice-based evidence and edit/adapt these into plain language
- Excellent analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills
- Strong ability to synthesize and convey technical data to cancer experts and non-expert stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience of health
Closing Date: November 20, 2018
If you are interested in applying for this positions, please send your CV and cover letter to TM@partnershipaqainstcancer.ca
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer thanks all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call 416-915-9222 or email us at TM@partnershipaqainstcancer.ca.