No deadline noted
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an independent organization funded by the federal government to accelerate action on cancer control for all Canadians. The Partnership works with cancer experts, charitable organizations, governments, cancer agencies, national health organizations, patients, survivors and others to implement Canada’s cancer control strategy. The Partnership's vision is to be a driving force to achieve a focused approach that will help prevent cancer, enhance the quality of life of those affected by cancer, lessen the likelihood of dying from cancer, and increase the efficiency of cancer control in Canada.
The Partnership is seeking an exceptional individual to fill the position of Senior Scientific Lead, Knowledge Mobilization. This is a half-time advisory position will be approximately 2.5 days per week (.5 FTE).
The Senior Scientific Lead, Knowledge Mobilization will report to the Vice-President, Strategy and provide advice and expertise on evidence-based policy and implementation practices, with a view to provide the necessary supports with partners across the country to adopt proven practices that have resulted in successful change and have sustainable impact. Working closely with the Director, Knowledge Mobilization, the Senior Scientific Lead will help guide the Knowledge Mobilization team’s approaches for increasing capacity to mobilize evidence into action, which also includes driving enhanced use of the Partnership’s digital ecosystem.
The position will also work closely with the Partnership’s senior leaders to ensure knowledge mobilization initiatives are developed and implemented that directly support achieving the planned outcomes of the organization’s 2017–22 Strategic Plan commitments. The Senior Scientific Lead will build strong partner relationships with other major cancer and public health stakeholders to identify shared priorities and collaborate on knowledge mobilization strategies that can bring about positive policy and practice change in realizing the objectives of the Canadian Strategy for Cancer Control. Specifically, the Senior Scientific Lead, Knowledge Mobilization will:
- Contribute broad, new thinking and, through connections with other senior cancer control leaders across Canada and internationally, inform the Partnership’s strategic direction to influence policy and to scale up successful implementation practices that are developed and tested in one part of the country and spread across the system to bring about real change at an organizational, community or system level.
- Provide strategic advice and expert counsel to the Partnership’s advisory committees and leadership team to support the planning, implementation and evaluation of the effectiveness of knowledge mobilization initiatives to impact target system outcomes
- Support the Partnership’s senior leadership team to deliver on Board-approved plans in the area of developing a more sustainable cancer system and working to embed more sustainable knowledge mobilization practices in the work of the broader Canadian Strategy for Cancer Control Work across the organization with other Senior Scientific and Expert Leads to identify synergies across program of work initiatives
- Keep up to date on best practices in policy change, dissemination, implementation and evaluation strategies and keep the VP Strategy, Director of Knowledge Mobilization and other Partnership staff apprised of new developments that may affect knowledge mobilization practices
- Be an external ambassador for the organization, specifically on issues related to knowledge mobilization in cancer control, and providing expert opinions and advice on behalf of the Partnership
- Direct and participate in the development of strategies to enhance awareness of the Partnership’s strategic direction in the scientific, academic and medical communities nationally and internationally
- Participate as a member or co-chair of the Knowledge Mobilization Steering Committee
- Participate as a member of the Partnership’s Cancer Control Council to achieve the Partnership’s 2017–22 Strategic Plan commitments
- Provide leadership in coordinating, managing and participating in conferences and events to support and promote the strategic direction of the Partnership
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate should have an advanced degree in health science (MD, MSc or PhD) with a minimum of 15 years’ demonstrated experience in the areas of dissemination and implementation practice involving in-person and digital interventions, which have used theoretical knowledge to drive measureable change. As an action-oriented leader, the ideal candidate will have an established network of contacts within the cancer control community nationally and preferably, internationally; strategic systems thinking and the ability to project the effect of initiatives as they relate to the overall impact on the cancer control landscape; demonstrated ability to influence and lead stakeholders to drive results without having direct responsibility for projects; and be highly supportive of the Partnership’s strategy.
For full job description please see http://www.partnershipagainstcancer.ca/work-with-us/.
Term of the Contract: 2 years with the potential to extend
Posting Date: November 3, 2017
If you are interested in applying for this positions, please send your CV and cover letter to TM@partnershipaqainstcancer.ca We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please contact us at TM@partnershipagainstcancer.ca,