Deadline November 15, 2017
Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable.
Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
Statistical Data Analyst #21439
Community and Health Services Department
Public Health Branch, Healthy Living Division
Location: Newmarket, Ontario. This is a Union position.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 35; Scheduled Shifts: 0830 - 1630
Full-Time, Salary $39.22 - $42.63 per hour
Reporting to the Manager, Epidemiology and Research is responsible for creating, generating and analyzing reports and data; ensuring existing databases and upgrades are fulfilling data governance requirements; collecting, analyzing data and metrics, and interpreting, summarizing, creating and maintaining statistical data files; building reports and dashboards specific to business areas and reporting on trends and results; contributing to the development and monitoring of surveillance indicators and systems.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Health Sciences, Public Health or Biostatistics or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in extracting, analyzing and reporting data generated from information/ systems, and writing experience that includes creating/synthesizing technical documentation.
- Demonstrated skills establishing, maintaining and producing complex databases/spreadsheets including current experience with database design, report generation and modifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of public and community health issues and epidemiological practices
- Knowledge of public health data sources and survey tools.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to interpret and reconcile complex statistical reports.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications at an advanced level and demonstrated experience with SPSS, STATA, GIS, EXCEL and Access.
- Experience with the development of cartographic and analytic products.
- Strong presentation and report writing skills.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including communication, innovation, teamwork and collaboration, and personal ownership.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise good judgement and discretion in dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and efficient manner, as required.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
Please apply on-line at http://client.njoyn.com/CL2/xweb/xweb.asp?clid=60295&page=jobdetails&job... by November 15, 2017, quoting competition #21439.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email or by telephone. For additional information on The Regional Municipality of York, please visit the above-mentioned website.