Deadline November 30, 2017
The Porcupine Health Unit is seeking a dynamic individual to join our multi-disciplinary management team. Reporting to the Medical Officer of Health, the Manager of Public Health Inspection is responsible for the direction, management, supervision and development of programs and services specifically in the areas of Environmental Health, Infectious and Chronic Disease Protection, Land Control, and Emergency Preparedness. The Program Manager acts in the capacity of a change agent in the pursuit of excellence in public health practice and exercises professional judgment within program parameters without close supervision.
- Bachelor of Applied Sciences in Environmental Health or equivalent;
- Certification with the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors;
- Five years public health inspection experience;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the legislation, regulations and enforcement requirements of the Health Protection and Promotion Act and Ontario Public Health Standards;
- Supervisory and administrative experience is a definite asset;
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective leadership and manage at a senior management level;
- Highly developed interpersonal, critical-thinking and organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel within and outside the Porcupine Health Unit catchment area is required;
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits for this management position based in Timmins Ontario. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with a multi-disciplinary team committed to our mission to empower individuals in the Porcupine Health Unit area to live healthy lives within healthy communities. Visit our website at www.porcupinehu.on.ca for more information about the Porcupine Health Unit.
Please forward your resume by November 30, 2017 to:
Human Resources Officer
Porcupine Health Unit
Email: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Porcupine Health Unit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants requiring accommodation are asked to make such requests when contacted for an interview.
Disponible en français