Deadline November 24, 2017
The is an independent organization funded by the federal government to accelerate action on cancer control for all Canadians. The Partnership works with cancer experts, charitable organizations, governments, cancer agencies, national health organizations, patients, survivors and others to implement Canada’s cancer control strategy. The Partnership's vision is to be a driving force to achieve a focused approach that will help prevent cancer, enhance the quality of life of those affected by cancer, lessen the likelihood of dying from cancer, and increase the efficiency of cancer control in Canada.
Reporting to the VP, Cancer Control, the Director Screening & Early Detection is responsible for overseeing the implementation of national initiatives for effective cancer screening and early detection through a newly evolved network model. This includes strategies for increasing participation in and the quality of cervical, colorectal, and breast screening programs, and developing foundational structures that supports the development of jurisdictional lung cancer screening programs. Further, the Director is responsible for leading quality initiative priorities specific to each disease site as well as exploring opportunities for cross-disease site collaboration. A component of this work includes accountability for national reporting of cancer screening quality indicators and targets, advancing quality initiatives in screening, and identifying and appropriately addressing emerging issues in cancer screening that may contribute to the organization’s goal of reducing the burden of cancer for all Canadians. There is a particular emphasis on developing and implementing strategies to reduce barriers to cancer screening in indigenous populations and other underserved groups and geographies.
The Director is a member of the Partnership’s Strategic Management Committee that includes the CEO, Vice Presidents and other Directors, and will contribute to the organization’s strategic decision making to achieve its mandate in advancing cancer control.
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree (Master's/PhD level preferred) in health, epidemiology or related field
- Minimum 10 years experience in the health care sector with progressive leadership roles managing programs requiring complex stakeholder relationship management and partnership building
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the cancer control system, particularly population health and screening
- Knowledge of the cancer screening community in Canada, associated issues and priorities and awareness of key international initiatives that may provide insight for our work
- Demonstrated strategic and operational leadership and management skills
- Solid record of effective people management with strong mentoring, coaching and knowledge-sharing skills, along with the ability to develop and motivate staff to achieve results and work satisfaction
- Ability to proactively lead and respond to change
- Experience in strategic planning, visioning, long term financial planning and budgeting, business case development, and overseeing large contracts and funding agreements
- Strong relationship management skills with experience in inter-professional stakeholder engagement and large scale workshop/meeting facilitation
- Demonstrated proficiency in scientific and business writing and strong track record of effective communication
- Experience working at the inter-provincial/territorial/federal levels a strong asset
- Knowledge of screening program (or public health) measurement and evaluation an asset
Closing Date: November 24, 2017
If you are interested in applying for this positions, please send your CV and cover letter to TM@partnershipaqainstcancer.ca
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer thanks all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call 416-915-9222 or email us at TM@partnershipaqainstcancer.ca.