Deadline October 5, 2017
Up to 2 casual positions
The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) has an exciting opportunity for up to 2 Casual Public Health Nurses to work on the Sexual Health team in the Environmental Health and Infectious Diseases division at 50 King Street, London. Under the direction of the Manager, Sexual Health, the incumbents will:
- Provide direct client care, including nursing assessment, treatment, education, counselling, consultation, referral, and advocacy;
- Coordinate care for individuals and families with complex needs, and for priority populations;
- Use a variety of health communication, education, and skill-building strategies, to enhance access to sexual health services and promote optimal sexual health;
- Provide programs and services aimed at reducing sexually transmitted infections, unplanned pregnancies, substance abuse, and sexual assaults;
- Maintain related records, documentation and statistics; and,
- Prepare reports as required, and in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited nursing program (BScN).
- Current certificate of competence from the Ontario College of Nurses (CNO).
- Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication & presentation skills.
- Proficient technical skills in the areas of documentation, Microsoft Office, & database software.
- Flexible work hours are required (including Monday to Thursday evenings starting at 4:00 pm).
- Knowledge and experience with comprehensive population health promotion (e.g. working with community partners, developing sexual health campaigns, using social media, etc.).
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license and own transportation.
- Other Qualifications:
- Preference will be given to those with experience working within a sexual health clinical setting.
- Knowledge and experience in harm reduction, sexual health, sexually transmitted infections, and birth control, from both a clinical and health promotion perspective is strongly preferred.
- The ability to communicate (oral and written) in French and/or any other language(s) is highly desirable.
Please see http://www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services.
To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page by October 5, 2017 quoting posting #: SHCASPHN-0917-02.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please indicate in your cover letter and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.