Sioux Lookout or Moose Factory, Ontario
No deadline noted
Full Time Position
Location: Sioux Lookout, ON or Moose Factory
The Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority (SLFNHA) and the Weeneebayko Area Health Authority (WAHA) have agreed to partner and work with each other on the design and implementation of a data surveillance system that will support public health initiatives for both organizations. The overall objectives of this initiative are to improve the collection, analysis, dissemination, and use of First Nations data in SLFNHA and WAHA’s regions. This initiative will work closely with the Mamow Ayahmowen: Northern Ontario Indigenous Health Information Partnership, which is a two year initiative funded through the Health Services Integration Fund of Health Canada and is made up of partners from Northeastern and Northwestern Ontario (SLFNHA, WAHA, Mamaweswen, Kenora Chiefs Advisory, Fort Frances Tribal Area Health Authority, Shibogama Health Authority, and Wabun Tribal Council), the MOHLTC, and is led by WAHA.
The Data Project Administrative Assistant will perform administrative and office support activities for multiple departmental people. Duties may include fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, creating spreadsheets and presentations, filing, and faxing etc. Extensive software skills are required, as well as Internet research abilities and strong communication skills.
- At least 2-3 years related professional experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Solid experience working with Microsoft Office Suite applications including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database applications
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Report design and layout
- Customer service skills
- Solid organization, planning, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Objective and active listening skills
- Ability to work in a team setting and on an individual basis
- Must provide a valid criminal reference check within a specified time frame
- Must possess a valid driver’s Class “G” license for Ontario
- Must be willing to travel when needed
- English is essential for this position
- Ability to communicate in a First Nation language common to the James Bay and Hudson Bay or Sioux Lookout zones is of benefit
- Scheduling and organizing meetings
- Maintain contact lists
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Travel bookings and logistics coordination for departmental meetings and consultations
- Arranging OTN connections when required among parties
- Maintain a filing system to keep track of all relevant information for the department
- Process invoices in a timely fashion with finance
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Monitor travel and supply budgets to ensure department is on track
- Researching vendor prices and solicitation of quotes for service
Communication Skills (Oral, Written and Technical)
- Answer and direct phone calls accordingly
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms in a timely fashions while adhering to deadlines
- Record and take minutes for meetings
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Ability to post information on website
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related actions as required.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional groups.
Please send cover letter, resume, three most recent employment references and an up-to-date Criminal Reference Check to:
Human Resource Department
Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority
P.O. Box 1300, 61 Queen Street
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B8
Phone: (807) 737-1802
Fax: (807) 737-2969
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: Open until filled
The Health Authority wishes to thank all applicants in advance. However, only those granted an interview will be contacted.
For additional information regarding the Health Authority, please visit our Web-site at http:??www.slfnha.com.
SLFNHA is a proud supporter of Mikinakoos Children’s Fund. To find out more, visit http://www.mikinakoos.com.