Deadline October 10, 2017
Niagara Region- Job Posting #19113
Closing Date: October 10, 2017
Type: Regular Full-Time
Division: Public Health|
Salary: $110,840 - $130,400
Location: Thorold, ON
Work Hours: 35 hrs / week
Reporting to the Medical Officer of Health/Commissioner of Public Health, the Associate Director Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention is responsible for providing quality services and programs to improve the health of the Niagara community in the area of chronic disease and injury prevention (i.e., tobacco cessation, healthy lifestyles, workplace health, , injury prevention, substance use/misuse, early detection of cancer, mental health, health equity and priority populations) using a variety of health promotion strategies and cross-departmental innovative approaches in response to evolving government legislation and standards of practice.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Health Sciences/promotion, Education or Administration
- Masters level degree in complementary discipline preferred
- 10 years’ general experience with 5 years’ experience in a management/ supervisory role within a public health environment
- Working Knowledge of Standards for Public Health Programs and Services (SPHPS)(formerly known as OPHS)
- Extensive knowledge of Ontario Public Health Standards and Ontario Public Health Operating Standards
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and ministry statues (e.g. Ministry of Health and Long Term Care statutes; Health Protection and Promotion Act; Personal Health Information Protection Act; Provincial Offences Act; Smoke-Free Ontario Act; Occupational Health and Safety Act etc.)
- Knowledge of computer software applications, including word processing and spreadsheets, preferably Microsoft Office applications
To view the full job description and requirements, visit our Careers page: http://www.niagararegion.ca (Job Opening #19113).
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges…..today!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application no later than October 10, 2017 before midnight by visiting our ‘Careers’ page at http://www.niagararegion.ca.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.