Deadline October 6, 2017
DPRA Canada (DPRA) is a dynamic employee-owned company seeking exceptional professionals to join our business consulting team. DPRA proudly provides professional business consulting services to public, private and not-for-profit sector clients in the areas of organizational effectiveness, program evaluation, public policy and legislative review and guidance, applied health and social research, and consultation and engagement.
DPRA is seeking a Research Analyst for our growing Applied Health and Social Research consulting team. The Applied Health and Social Research team responds to client needs by applying sound and principled research methods and practices in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Specifically, our Applied Health and Social Research consultants work with organizations to help create comprehensive and sustainable systems of care that support and enhance community well-being.
As the successful candidate, you will be offered valuable opportunities for growth. As you develop and grow in DPRA, you will be exposed to diverse and challenging opportunities. You will deepen your knowledge and expertise in the Applied Health and Social Research practice area and develop into a valuable thought partner for your consulting team and clients. You will also have opportunities to develop knowledge on new and emerging trends and topics of relevance to the Applied Health and Social Research practice area and other DPRA practice areas more broadly. DPRA also fosters professional and personal growth through mentorship and professional development opportunities for high potential Research Analysts.
The following qualifications are essential:
- Master’s Degree in social or health sciences
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a role related to applied health and social research
- Demonstrated ability to conduct qualitative and quantitative research and analysis
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate in writing and verbally
- Strong computer literacy skills, including high proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of applications
In addition, the following qualifications are desirable:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Business consulting experience
- Public/social sector experience
The Research Analyst contributes to the success of the Applied Health and Social Research Practice Area team. As a key team member, the Research Analyst will:
- Perform quantitative and qualitative research and analysis
- Develop data collection instruments; collect data from surveys, interviews, focus groups, observations and document review; and clean, structure and analyze data
- Summarize findings in writing and in data visualizations that are clear and relevant
- Contribute to development of reports and other deliverables
- Assist with project scheduling and coordination tasks
- Contribute to proposal development
- Travel on occasion to support senior staff in their work alongside clients
DPRA values the following personal characteristics and behaviours in our Research Analysts:
- Attention to Detail – Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks
- Analysis/Reasoning – Examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusion, and solve problems
- Self-Management – Manages own time, priorities and resources to achieve goals
- Teamwork – Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
- Initiative - action-oriented, ability to think and plan ahead, anticipate and prepare for challenges
- Communication - clearly and effectively expresses ideas and information through business writing, conversations and interactions with others that make an impact and persuade the intended audience(s)
- Diversity - appreciates and leverages the capabilities, insights and ideas of all individuals
DPRA employees are generously rewarded for their contribution to the organization with:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Potential for share ownership and profit sharing
- Career development opportunities
- Potential for other benefits that offer flexibility and improve work-life balance
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please email your resume quoting the appropriate position title to [email protected] by October 6, 2017.
We thank all applicants for your interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. To learn more about DPRA, please visit our website at http://www.dpra.ca.