Deadline September 28, 2017
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any stage of the process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Position: Accounting Officer, #2017-34
Terms: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Kenora, ON
Working within a team environment, the ideal candidate will possess a high degree of computer literacy, is able to work with multiple software programs, be experienced in mathematical processes, able to maintain a high level of accuracy, able to prioritize workload within multiple timelines and deadlines, and work in an organized and efficient manner.
As the Accounting Officer, your responsibilities include but are not limited to: Preparing and maintaining payroll and related government remittances, accounts receivable, expenses, accounts payable and payroll transactions; budget preparation, quarterly and annual reporting; maintaining, monitoring and reconciling GL accounts and preparing basic and complex financial documents, reports, settlements and/or statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and other applicable rules, statutes, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or closely related discipline, or (2) two years of professional accounting experience within a not-for-profit environment will be considered an asset
- Advanced computer skills with demonstrated efficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of general office procedures and office equipment
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize in a highly organized, efficient manner
- Ability to meet urgent timelines and to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Salary: $32.84 to $38.08 per hour
Other: Access to transportation. Mileage allowance provided. Successful candidate requires a clear Vulnerable Sector Check and proof of required immunizations prior to start of work.
Resumes accepted at:
Via email only at [email protected]. Applicants must reference posting 2017-34.
Applicants who do not receive an auto generated receipt response should contact the Executive Assistant at 807-468-3147 ext 3253.
Deadline for Applications: September 28, 2017 at 12:00pm
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.