Port Hope, Ontario
Deadline September 20, 2017
Temporary full-time 6 months
The has an opening for a temporary full-time (6 month period) Epidemiologist its Department of Communicable Disease Control, Epidemiology and Evaluation (CDCEE) in the Port Hope office.
As a member of the Communicable Disease Control, Epidemiology & Evaluation Services department (CDCE&E), the Epidemiologist is accountable to CDCE&E Management for supporting the implementation of selected components of the Foundational Standard of the Ontario Public Health Standards (OPHS) and other duties as assigned by CDCEE Management.
Areas of emphasis include Population Health Assessment, Surveillance, Research and Knowledge Exchange, and Program Evaluation including but not limited to the implementation of the Population Health Assessment and Surveillance Protocol.
The Epidemiologist is expected to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team to apply, adapt, choose and/or recommend changes to established methods or procedures and/or to develop new procedures to complete assigned work.
Direction is to be sought when solutions to problems are not apparent and/or are not within the intent of established practices including scope of practice.
The position involves travel and variations of the working day.
The successful candidate will have:
- Master’s degree with a major in Epidemiology
- Coordination of the collection and retrieval of health-related data including statistical compilation, interpretation, analysis and communication of health-related information in a public health setting is preferred
- Proficiency in the knowledge, skills and attitudes required for the role of Public Health, Consultant/Specialist as defined by the Core Competencies for Public Health in Canada
- Working knowledge of the OPHS
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- Proof of immunizations required by HKPRDHU
Satisfactory completion of probationary period (6 months)
Location: Port Hope
Salary Range: $77,333.00-$85,722.00 (Pay Grid #11 – CUPE)
Start Date: To be determined
NOTE: This will be a backfill to an Epi being seconded (via an Expression of Interest) to support the Opioid Overdose Early Warning Surveillance Strategy utilizing Overdose Expansion fund.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support the participation of persons with disabilities in the recruitment process. All recruitment documents are available in alternative format, upon request.
Qualified applicants are invited to send a resume and cover letter by Wednesday, September 20, 2017 to:
Colleen McBride, Manager Human Resources
Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit 200 Rose Glen Road
Port Hope ON L1A 3V6
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.