September 15, 2017
Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, 970 Dixon Road
Realize will soon host our annual forum entitled “Setting our Minds to it! HIV & Mental Health in Canada: A dialogue about meeting unaddressed challenges in policy and community action.”
People living with HIV experience high rates of mental health concerns including anxiety, depression, substance use problems and PTSD. At a time when we are all being asked to do more with less, strategizing to ensure that the mental health needs of people living with HIV are being addressed is critical. This forum will provide an opportunity to explore barriers and facilitators to mental health services for people living with HIV. It will also offer examples of innovative mental health programming and provide a jumping-off point for continued work in this area.
We will together reflect on stories of resiliency and innovation and work to envision better connections between HIV and mental health service providers.
Speakers / Facilitators will include:
- Yvette Perrault, AIDS Bereavement and Resiliency Project Ontario (ABRPO)
- Clem Fong, Dr. Peter Centre
- Scott Bowler, Clinic for HIV Related Concerns, Mount Sinai Hospital
- Kelly O’Brien, University of Toronto
- Paul Curwin, Realize
- Maureen Mahan, Casey House
- Daniel Pugh, Sherbourne Health Centre
- Susan Clancy, Queen West Central Toronto Community Health Centre
For more information on Realize’s Forum, or to register, visit http://www.realizecanada.org/en/our-work/annual-forums/2017-forum/.