Deadline September 10, 2017
Casual position to teach prenatal classes
The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) is currently seeking up to three Public Health Nurses to work on MLHU’s Reproductive Health team within the Healthy Start division. The incumbent in this position will be required to teach evening prenatal classes for approximately 130 hours per year.
Scope of Responsibility:
Under the direction of the Manager, Reproductive Health, the successful candidate will:
- Utilize evidence-informed practice;
- Facilitate programming in various community settings;
- Teach a minimum of 6 prenatal series over the year (one series is six classes over six weeks, subject to change);
- Work collaboratively with communities, groups, families & individuals to enable them to enhance their health & prevent disease;
- Collaborate as a member within the Healthy Start division teams and interdisciplinary teams;
- Function within the mission, philosophy & policies of both the Health Unit & the division; and,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited nursing program (BScN).
- Current certificate of competence from the Ontario College of Nurses (CNO).
- Proficient in developing, facilitating and presenting in group settings.
- Proficiency in the areas of documentation, Microsoft Office, social media and database software.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively form and maintain strong relationships with clients.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license and own transportation.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Preference will be given to those with knowledge, skills, and experience related to reproductive health (preconception and prenatal), community mobilization, planning, evaluation, and comprehensive population health strategies.
- The ability to communicate (oral and written) in French and/or any other language(s) is highly desirable.
To apply to this position, please submit a resume and cover letter electronically via our Career Opportunities page at http://www.healthunit.com by September 10, 2017 quoting posting # RHCASPHN-0817-03.
Directions to Apply:
To apply to this position, please submit your resume and cover letter electronically, including the posting number to [email protected]. The hiring director/manager may review an applicant’s personnel file in the course of considering applications. Should you require accommodation, please indicate in your cover letter and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.