Deadline September 11, 2017
The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) has an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Program Planning and Evaluation, in the Foundational Standard division. This position reports to the Director, Foundational Standard and is responsible for the planning, direction, administration and evaluation of the programs and services provided to the community, applying the priorities and goals established by the Health Unit’s strategic plan.
The Manager will provide leadership and supervision to a team of multi-disciplinary professionals, guided by the Ontario Public Health Program Standards and will help establish strategic goals and objectives for the Program Planning and Evaluation team and Foundational Standard division. A major emphasis is on providing expertise to facilitate evidence-informed public health practice, promote knowledge transfer and to support decision-making in program planning and evaluation. The Manager will also oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of operational plans including monitoring and reporting on all budgets for related programs. In addition to managing the Program Planning and Evaluation team, the Manager will be a collaborator in helping support capacity building for effective public health practice across the organization.
- Minimum M.Sc. in Epidemiology or Program Evaluation is required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ direct people management experience, in the last 5 years, specifically in a unionized environment and with continuous learning focused on the development of management competencies is a requirement.
- Project management certification and/or experience in project management is necessary.
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated skills in epidemiological and statistical methods, applied research and current related best practices is required.
- Preference will be given to those with experience in local public health and with knowledge of the Ontario Public Health Standards.
- Communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills commensurate with the expectations of a management position.
- Advanced computer, internet and data management skills combined with experience using statistical, data management and Microsoft Office software packages.
- The ability to communicate in French and/or other languages would be considered an asset.
The Health Unit offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package. Please see http://www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services.
To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page at http://www.healthunit.com by September 11, 2017 quoting posting #MGRPPE- 0817.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512 or at [email protected].
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote wellness, prevent disease and injury, and protect the public’s health through the delivery of public health programs, services and research.