Deadline September 11, 2017
Casual Part-time Hours (Contract)
Peer Program Evaluation Project (PPEP)
Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA)—Toronto Branch
The PPEP team is a group of peers—people with lived experiences of mental health and/or addictions challenges— that evaluates Toronto-based mental health services in order to inform service improvements related to supporting recovery and wellness. The PPEP team conducts interviews and focus groups with key stakeholders of a service (people using the service, their family members, staff, community partners, and managers) and directly observes service provision. Observations and feedback are then translated into recommendations for the service.
Peer evaluators receive training to:
- Recruit participants for interviews: explain the project, review privacy rules, and obtain informed consent
- Conduct interviews using a combination of pre-planned questions, while also being flexible and responsive to what the interviewee says
- Carefully observe/shadow service staff as they perform their jobs
- Take clear and concise notes
- Protect sensitive data (e.g. notes, correspondence) and maintain the confidentiality of participants
PPEP evaluators also contribute to the design of the evaluation process and collectively discuss the overall findings together, brainstorming recommendations for service improvements. This is part of the data analysis process and is led by the team lead—previous experience with program evaluations is not required.
The PPEP team is looking for new members who:
- Have personal and first-hand lived experience with mental health and/or addictions challenges—we use our experiences accessing services to inform evaluations and recommendations
- Have skills for interviewing: friendly, relaxed, good communicator, attentive listener, calm
- Are organized and reliable
- Available to work casual part-time hours (no guaranteed hours—interviews and shadowing opportunities are scheduled as they come up)
- Are passionate about improving mental health and social support services in Toronto
- Experience in mental health or other social service provision (e.g. peer support roles, social work, housing support staff), research or program evaluation, advocacy/social justice, and/or a recovery model of care is an asset.
Please send resumes and cover letters to Peer Evaluation Lead by Monday, September 11, 5:00pm. E-mail: [email protected] or Fax 416-789-9079. If submitting resume by e-mail, please type PPEP Evaluator in the subject line. Potential candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The Canadian Mental Health Association is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from equity seeking groups. People from diverse racial and cultural communities, individuals who identify as LGBTQ, and/or differently abled people are also strongly encouraged to apply. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview should you require any accommodation.