Deadline August 25, 2017
Temporary full-time from October 1, 2017 to November 30, 2018
Temporary absence of the regular incumbent
Hiring #: 2017-0397
Please read the Application Instructions before applying: https://www.uoguelph.ca/hr/careers-guelph/how-apply.
The University of Guelph is committed to changing lives and improving life for all members of our community. With an overall goal of promoting a culture of health and wellness and a positive and healthy work environment, the University of Guelph is undertaking an initiative to develop and implement a comprehensive healthy workplace strategy.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources (Total Compensation) and functionally accountable to the Chair (VP Finance & Administration) of the Workplace Wellness Advisory Group, the incumbent is responsible for coordinating and supporting the workplace wellness initiative. The Coordinator is the primary resource to the University’s Advisory Group and is responsible for: assisting in the development of guidelines to assist faculty and staff with healthy workplace priorities, identifying resources within the University and within the community; identifying initiatives that will enhance staff and faculty awareness and skills to promote and contribute to a positive and healthy work environment and develop structure and process to support proactive and sustainable planning and programming. The Coordinator will be required to have excellent communication skills and the ability to raise campus wide awareness of the University’s workplace wellness strategies and approach to support a healthy workplace. The Coordinator is responsible for the creation and implementation of a strategic communications plan focused on generating awareness and understanding of the healthy workplace initiative, programs and service. The Coordinator will also monitor and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of the workplace programs and initiatives.
Requirements of the position include:
- Undergraduate Degree, preferable in health science, public health, organizational behaviour, communications or related field.
- Experience in program development, implementation and evaluation.
- In-depth knowledge of healthy workplace and communications theories and practices.
- Skills and experience in program communications and marketing including website and social media content management.
- Must possess analytical skills with the ability to interpret and translate results into practical and effective programming.
- Excellent time management and the ability to work well under pressure, meet established deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to interact with and to communicate proficiently orally and in writing with all levels of the organization with a high degree of, discretion and diplomacy is essential.
- Ability to work collaboratively, communicate effectively and demonstrate sensitivity to others (self-awareness);
- Sound knowledge of MS Office.
- Strategic and critical thinker with the ability to exercise sound judgement
- Openness to learning
- Emotional intelligence (self-awareness, self-regulation, self-motivation, empathy)
- High degree of flexibility and mature adaptability
Covering Position Number: 060-070
Professional/Managerial Salary Bands
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Posting Date: 2017 08 14
Closing Date: 2017 08 25
Forbes includes U of G Among Canada’s Best Employers