Deadline August 31, 2017
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an independent organization funded by the federal government to accelerate action on cancer control for all Canadians. The Partnership works with cancer experts, charitable organizations, governments, cancer agencies, national health organizations, patients, survivors and others to implement Canada’s cancer control strategy. The Partnership's vision is to be a driving force to achieve a focused approach that will help prevent cancer, enhance the quality of life of those affected by cancer, lessen the likelihood of dying from cancer, and increase the efficiency of cancer control in Canada.
Reporting to the Manager, Digital Strategy, this fulltime permanent position is responsible for overseeing the creation, maintenance and governance of usable and useful content for the Partnership’s digital ecosystem. Working collaboratively across the organization, the Content Strategist will work to understand the Partnership’s business goals and end user needs then help to plan and develop relevant content that brings the two together. This role requires deep knowledge of end users’ content needs, evidence to inform what strategies are most appropriate for each audience digitally, and the ability to create content tailored for unique needs. This role also requires an ability to understand and simplify complex cancer control content.
Qualifications and Experience
University or college degree/diploma in Digital Media, Communications, Journalism or a related communications field
- At least 5 to 7 years’ experience working as a content strategist preferably in a service focused or public sector environment
- Ability to apply strategic thinking in how to develop the best digital content for the end user
- Ability to understand end users and synthesize research findings into relevant digital content experiences
- Experience managing external writers and editors
- Experience applying AODA standards digitally
- Experience writing for the health care or cancer control sector is considered an asset
- Knowledge of web-based content management systems (e.g. Wordpress)
- Experience with developing editorial calendars
- Experience developing and implementing organizational digital content guidelines
- Strong internal and external relationship management skills, including ability to interact and work effectively with colleagues, vendors and stakeholders
- Ability to champion awareness and understanding of the role of a content strategist within an organization
- Expert storyteller who can deliver relevant and readable content in the right format
- Ability to write for the web and print in a clear, concise and straightforward format
- Ability to understand academic evidence, scientific literature and information and edit/adapt these into plain language
- Strong attention to detail
Closing Date: August 31, 2017
If you are interested in applying for this positions, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected].
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer thanks all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call 416-915-9222 or email us at [email protected].