Deadline August 15, 2017
Full-time Position Available
Hamilton Urban Core provides a wide range of health and health related services and programs for individuals and families. We work with marginalized and vulnerable populations in the inner city, most of who are living in poverty and with chronic and complex health and social conditions. Working as part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team, the Office Administrator key responsibilities include: 1) developing and/or maintaining efficient office systems and practices and ensuring excellence and the overall quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the Centre’s administrative infrastructure; 2) provision of corporate support; 3) ensuring overall building maintenance; 4) serving as the management representative on the Health and Safety Committee and 5) social media and communications oversight.
The successful candidate should have:
- Three to five years of administrative experience with progressive responsibility, preferably in a community environment
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining a high level of efficiency and effectiveness through administration systems and practices
- Post-secondary school diploma or degree in office or business administration or equivalent experience
- Experience with social media and communications in a workplace environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing demands with timeliness and efficiency
- Excellent organizational, communication and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of computers and various software
- Experience coordinating ongoing facility safety and maintenance responsibilities
- Familiarity with health and safety committee responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience providing administrative / executive-level support
- Solid experience supervising administrative students and volunteers
- Good understanding of and experience with human resource matters
- Familiarity with the anti-racism, anti-oppression and equity principles at Hamilton Urban Core
Interested applicants should forward a covering letter and resume by no later than 5:00 pm Tuesday August 15, 2017 to:
The Hiring Committee – Office Administrator
Hamilton Urban Core Community Health Centre
71 Rebecca Street
Hamilton, Ontario L8R 1B6
Hamilton Urban Core is committed to equity in employment.
While we appreciate every application only those selected for an interview will be contacted.