Deadline July 27, 2017
Want to make a difference in your career?
The Cancer Screening Program is part of the Prevention and Cancer Control (P&CC) Portfolio at Cancer Care Ontario (CCO). P&CC brings together cancer prevention, screening, surveillance and research into a single organizational entity, while Cancer Screening focuses specifically on the delivery of Ontario’s three cancer screening programs: ColonCancerCheck, the Ontario Breast Screening Program, and the Ontario Cervical Screening Program. There are four units that make up Cancer Screening:
Operations is currently hiring a Service Specialist to support Cancer Screening service delivery activities. This individual will be part of the Program Operations team and as such, will play key roles in ensuring that CCO achieves its screening-related objectives in the Ontario Cancer Plan and its annual commitments to the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
The Service Specialist role holds a significant responsibility in both project based and operational business support activities. During project implementations, the Service Specialist fulfills a project coordination role to ensure regional and site success in meeting the requirements of the initiative, including, monitoring progress against milestones, reporting and managing risks and issues, identifying corrective measures and providing general business and project guidance. In an operational capacity, the Service Specialist is the primary point of contact for regions and sites, across several business areas, within Cancer Screening. This role liaises regularly and proactively to ensure quality service, provision of guidance and prompt resolution of issues. This individual is to be seen as a trusted advisor and an extension of the regional/site external teams in achieving their overall success for all Cancer Screening initiatives.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record of implementing best practices and quality guidelines and procedures. The candidate must have excellent analytical, problem solving, and trend analysis skills, a strong understanding of technology, and excellent relationship management skills.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Participate in the design, development and delivery of programs to engage regions and sites (including hospitals and other healthcare facilities) involved in Cancer Screening initiatives;
- Support and train regional/site stakeholders on Cancer Screening processes and reporting tools;
- Work closely with regional/site stakeholders and internal team members to monitor project and operational deliverables to ensure milestones, indicators and quality measures are met on schedule;
- Proactively engage with customers, stakeholders and internal teams to effectively manage relationships and establish a trusted advisor role;
- Provide practical suggestions for improving work processes in the Cancer Screening Program Operations team;
- Develop innovative approaches for addressing business, project, and operational support needs;
- Identify risks and issues related to operational deliverables and project completion, including the identification of options for resolution and recommended course of action;
- Maintain regional/site information databases and profiles consistently and accurately;
- Support regions/sites in achieving their reporting objectives;
- Perform cross-functional and/or other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned or requested.
Here is what you will need to be successful:
- An undergraduate degree with a major/minor in healthcare administration, informatics, business, or equivalent experience is preferred;
- 2-5 years’ experience in client facing support, relationship management and/or service delivery role (healthcare preferred);
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service;
- Conceptual understanding of project management frameworks;
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and work in a multi-disciplinary team environment;
- Demonstrated ability to provide innovative and creative solutions that will achieve quality and work process improvements;
- Thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment; is able to think and act quickly, is flexible and can quickly adapt to change;
- Works well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience;
- Demonstrated leadership skills within a team environment;
- Excellent analytic, problem solving and business judgment skills required;
- Exceptional attention to detail required;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills to effectively present information to relevant stakeholders at all levels of the organization;
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, service-minded individual possessing excellent time and priority management skills;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Detail oriented
- Communicative (written/spoken)
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Proactive self-starter, quick learner, energetic;
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time Number of Vacancies: 1
Posting Close Date: July 27, 2017
To Apply: Please submit an application via the CCO Careers site at the following link: https://cco.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CCO/job/Toronto-ON/Service-Speci....