Deadline July 20, 2017
Internal / External Posting
Job Title: Registered Dietitian
Job ID #: LGB 17-0701
Department: LGBTQ Health
Reports To: Director, LGBTQ Health
Affiliation/Union: UFCW, Local 175
Salary Range: MCS2 $25.67 - $32.43 per hour
Status: Part-time, approximately 8 month contract
Hours: 19 hours per week
Who we are:
Sherbourne is a leading provider of quality health care and transformative support to people who face social, economic and other systemic barriers. Our mission is to advance the equity and quality of care and services and to improve health for underserved communities. This is done through primary health and chronic disease services; health promotion and education; outreach and social supports; and mental health services.
Sherbourne provides innovative health care and social services to the diverse urban population of southeast Toronto. While our doors are open to everyone, we focus on people who are homeless or under-housed; LGBTQ, and newcomers to Canada. We are funded by the Ministry of Health and Long- Term Care, Toronto Central LHIN, Ministry of Child and Youth Services, City of Toronto and many generous companies, groups and individuals.
The Registered Dietitian will provide appropriate primary, secondary and tertiary illness prevention services; and acquire/develop nutritional resources for clients and care providers
Duties include: Developing and delivering client education sessions. Facilitating community kitchen and FoodFit program. Working collaboratively with the Registered Dietitian, Diabetes Education, Family Health Team and the Community Dietitian on the Newcomer Health Team.
- Baccalaureate Degree specializing in foods and nutrition from a Dietitians of Canada accredited university program and successful completion of a dietetic internship
- Current registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario or eligibility for registration
- Minimum 2 years experience as a dietitian, in a primary care or community setting is preferred
- Experience working with communities that face barriers such as poverty, discrimination and social isolation in accessing health care
- Experience developing and presenting workshops on a variety of nutrition related issues
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records Application is a definite asset
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a interdisciplinary team
- Ability to develop client centred nutritional resources
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with other team members as well as ability to work independently
Conditions of Employment:
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Check.
Understand and maintain compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA), Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), the Ontario Human Rights Code and other relevant legislation.
- Working Conditions:
- Standard work week is 19 hours and generally from Monday to Friday
- The LGBT Health team currently operates day and evening clinics. The Dietitian schedule is flexible within clinic hours and ensuring client needs are met.
We offer competitive compensation and participation in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
As an employer, Sherbourne is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. This includes diversity in languages spoken, culture, race, sexual orientation and gender identity. Requests for accommodation due to disability can be made at any stage in the recruitment process.
Application: Please forward a cover letter and resume quoting Job ID # LGB 17-0701 to email@example.com by 5:00 pm, July 20, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.